2011年4月1日金曜日

Today is the first of April; "April fools' day". I still don't know why we call it that but I do remember having important rules for it, as a child: 1 You could trick somebody by playing a prank, but only before 12 o'clock noon. This would make the person you tricked an "April fool". (Popular pranks were hiding someone's belongings or making them believe a 'white lie'.) 2 If you didn't watch the time and played a prank after 12 o'clock noon, you became an "April fool". I am writing this in the afternoon so it looks like this year I was a bit slow! If I were to play a prank now I'd become an "April fool"! Happy First of April Everyone!

3 件のコメント:

  1. oh …suddenly i realize that i'd become a [fool]…-_-||

    返信削除
  2. Now, I understand the rules for April fools' day !!

    返信削除
  3. Thank you for your comments!!! And thank you 'tonyfang119' for teaching me how to read them!!!

    返信削除